Speaking Engagements and Media
Media Inquiries: If you are a producer, host, editor, reporter, blogger or other member of the media, and would like to set up an interview, please email Janis Backing: email@example.com, or call (312) 329-2108.
New 2018 themes: Chosen and Included! I regularly speak before audiences large and small on my favorite topics. I currently speak on the overlooked verbs in scripture, seated, endure, and guarded. I love teaching on identity in Christ, evangelism, prayer, enjoying God’s word, writing with flair, building community, emotional maturity, and teaching.
- December 28 (2017)-January 1, Cru Winter Conference, Greensboro, NC
- February 9-11, Common Call, SC
- February 23-24 Northeast Presbyterian Church, SC
- April 20, Kenosha Bible Church via Skype, MN
- April 27-28 National Summit, San Antonio
- September 27-30 High Ground at Gettysburg
Recent speaking photos:
Interview on Mid-Morning on Guarded by Christ with Lynne Ford, June 12, 2017. Listen here.
Interview on My Faith Radio with Susie Larson, March 14, 2017. Listen here.
Interview with Gary Chapman, October 22, 2016. Listen here.
Interview with Chris Fabry, October 21, 2016. Listen here.
Around the Web:
Devotions on Being Confident in Christ with Christianity Today.
“What If God Doesn’t Heal My Anxiety and Depression?” on Crosswalk.com
Podcast “By Design” episode #27
- February 10-12, Maryland, Hunt Valley Church in MD
- March 16, Penn State Faculty Symposium, “Can I Trust the Bible?”
- March 22 / March 25 TBD Knox Tea
- April 1 Chicago, Moody Day Retreat with Professors
- April 7, Pittsburg, Cru Fellowship Dinner
- April 27-30 Cru National Summit
- May 31, Facebook Live 8:00-9:00 Cru Winter Conference / Summer Connect
- July 20, Ft. Collins, Cru17 BAM
- July 23, Ft. Collins, Cru17 Connection Weekend
- August 25, State College, Abide at Calvary Baptist
- September 15-17 Woodmen Valley
- October 21 HOPE Community Church, Moorestown, NJ
- November 3-5, Woodside Bible Church, Shanty Creek, MI
- November 17, Cru Regional Staff Conference, MD
December 31 Washington, DC, Radiate, “Guarded by Christ”
Featured Guest Blog Posts
“Why Jesus is the Best Treasure You Have,” October 8, 2015, Crosswalk.com.
“How to Live the Life God Asks You To,” October 12, 2015, Crosswalk.com.
“God, is My Life Pleasing to You?” October 14, 2012, Crosswalk.com.
“The Best Seat in the House,” October 19, 2015, Jennifer Dukes Lee Blog, #TellHisStory.
“How to Let Go of the Need to Achieve in a Culture of Comparison,” October 30, 2015, iBelieve.com.
“Where Will I Sit?” November 17, 1015, CruPressGreen.com
“The Greatest Seat at the Holiday Table” December 3, 2015, Crosswalk.com
“The Best Seat for the New Year” December 31, 2015 TheBetterMom.com
Vimeo: “Seated with Christ”
“Trading Perfections & Comparisons for Security” The Debbie Chavez Show http://thedebbiechavezshow.com/2016/01/07/trading-perfectionism-comparisons-for-security-podcast/
“To Be Seated with Christ” http://myfaithradio.com/2015/seated-christ/
Snippets to enjoy from MyFaithRadio: http://myfaithradio.com/authors/heather-holleman/
Photos from Conferences
. . . an exceptionally inspired and inspiring read from beginning to end.–Midwest Book Review