Speaking Engagements and Media
Media Inquiries: If you are a producer, host, editor, reporter, blogger or other member of the media, and would like to set up an interview, please email Janis Backing: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (312) 329-2108.
I regularly speak before audiences large and small on my favorite topics. I currently speak on the overlooked verbs in scripture, seated, endure, and guarded. I love teaching on identity in Christ, evangelism, prayer, enjoying God’s word, writing with flair, building community, emotional maturity, and teaching.
Recent speaking photos:
Interview with Gary Chapman, October 22, 2016. Listen here.
Interview with Chris Fabry, October 21, 2016. Listen here.
Around the Web:
Devotions on Being Confident in Christ with Christianity Today.
“What If God Doesn’t Heal My Anxiety and Depression?” on Crosswalk.com
Podcast “By Design” episode #27
Remaining 2016 Events:
- September 22, Heart to Heart, Calvary Baptist Church
- September 29-October 1, Gettysburg High Ground Event
- October 5, Gary Chapman Interview / Airs October 22
- October 21, Chris Fabry Live!, 3:00 PM
- October 20-23, Indiana / Illinois, Radio, MOPS, Bible Study
- November, Wake Chapel Church TBD
- December 28-January 1 Cru Winter Conference, Greensboro
- February 10-12, Maryland, Hunt Valley Church in MD
- March 22 / March 25 TBD Knox Tea
- April 1 Chicago, Moody Day Retreat with Professors
- April 27-30 Cru National Summit
- September 15-17 Woodmen Valley
- October 21 Hope Church, Pennsylvania
December 31 Washington, DC, Radiate, “Guarded by Christ”
Featured Guest Blog Posts
“Why Jesus is the Best Treasure You Have,” October 8, 2015, Crosswalk.com.
“How to Live the Life God Asks You To,” October 12, 2015, Crosswalk.com.
“God, is My Life Pleasing to You?” October 14, 2012, Crosswalk.com.
“The Best Seat in the House,” October 19, 2015, Jennifer Dukes Lee Blog, #TellHisStory.
“How to Let Go of the Need to Achieve in a Culture of Comparison,” October 30, 2015, iBelieve.com.
“Where Will I Sit?” November 17, 1015, CruPressGreen.com
“The Greatest Seat at the Holiday Table” December 3, 2015, Crosswalk.com
“The Best Seat for the New Year” December 31, 2015 TheBetterMom.com
Vimeo: “Seated with Christ”
“Trading Perfections & Comparisons for Security” The Debbie Chavez Show http://thedebbiechavezshow.com/2016/01/07/trading-perfectionism-comparisons-for-security-podcast/
“To Be Seated with Christ” http://myfaithradio.com/2015/seated-christ/
Snippets to enjoy from MyFaithRadio: http://myfaithradio.com/authors/heather-holleman/
Photos from Conferences
. . . an exceptionally inspired and inspiring read from beginning to end.–Midwest Book Review