Over the years, I’ve compiled so many “Name Games” because I essentially ask 45 questions over the course of a semester. My rationale is all about teaching students to know themselves, to build rapport with one another, and to feel comfortable articulating ideas. And, it’s just fun. And I answer them, too! Maybe you’ll use some of these around your Thanksgiving table.
1. What’s one question you wish people would ask you about yourself?
2. What’s a question you wish everyone would stop asking you?
3. What’s your favorite quote? Why?
4. What music do you wish everyone would listen to (and then listen!)
5. What’s the closest you’ve come to a sublime experience? Where were you?
6. What’s your best memory of a “food experience”?
7. What most concerns you about the younger generation?
8. What small, ordinary thing most fascinates you if you think about it?
9. What show or movie could you watch over and over again?
10. Where do you want to travel next?