I read in Psalm 119 six great prayer requests from verses 33-38.
- Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees. . .
- Give me understanding. . .
- Direct me in the path of your commands. . .
- Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain
- Turn my eyes from worthless things. . .
- Fulfill your promise. . .
I pray that God teaches us, gives us understanding, directs our lives, turns our hearts away from what doesn’t please Him, and fulfills His promises to us.
These requests shape the day and focus us on what we need. They are great prayers for our children especially.