Today my youngest requests one of her favorite meals for dinner: Spinach Lasagna Rolls.
For under $10.00, you can make enough for two dinners, and children love to make them!
1. Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, cook and thoroughly drain one package of chopped frozen spinach.
3. Then, mix a large carton of ricotta cheese with one egg, drained spinach, a dash of salt, pepper, oregano (and if you’re feeling fancy, a dash of nutmeg).
4. Spread ricotta filling on your noodle and roll it up.
5. Place seam side down in pan, cover with your favorite jar sauce (it can even be a white sauce), and cook at 350 degrees until bubbly.
Yum. Yum. Yum. Your children will fill two pans, so go ahead and freeze one for your crazy back-to-school week dinner!
(Yes, you just made two dinners for under $10.00, so you can spend your savings on school supplies. I’m so happy, I’m about to go brag to the Italian Mamas who trained me well.)